You can trust that Dental Arts of Hedgesville is continuing to go above and beyond minimum standard safety practices in order to maximize the safety of your family. Like you, we hope that the pandemic is short lived, and that we can go back to life as normal as soon as possible. That’s why we have worked hard to ensure that our patients can be confident that they will be safe while under our care. In addition to making the standard, required, changes in infection control, we have been working diligently take additional precautions in order to promote a safe environment for your and your family.
You may notice that we have:
- installed Honeywell and Germ Guardian HEPA air circulation, filtration, and ionization systems in all patient care areas.
- installed UV sanitization systems for after-hours use
- switched our disinfectants to hypochlorous acid-based cleaners – a much safer and more effective option than traditional quaternary ammonia or phenol-based cleansers.
- Modified our in-office patient-flow and scheduling protocols in order to minimize risk of exposure.
- Implemented screening measures for both our patients and staff to identify early warning signs of infection and minimize access to the building.
Read below to learn more about some of the technology we are using to keep you safe.
HEPA, or high efficiency particulate air filtration is a standard for filters that are capable of removing 99.97% of particles as small as .03 microns from the air. HEPA filtration is an excellent tool in the fight against COVID-19 as it is capable of efficiently and effectively filtering the relatively large Coronavirus. In fact, at .12 microns, the average Coronavirus particle is four times the size of the smallest particles removed!
Air ionization is an air purification process by which particles are electrically charged by a device and are removed from the air. Ionization of virus particles has been shown to inactivate, or kill, the virus. Ionization has been in use in hospital settings for years and has been shown to be safe and effective in prevention of nosocomial, or healthcare based, infection.
Hypochlorous acid is a nontoxic chemical naturally produced by mammalian white blood cells. It effectively kills bacteria and viruses on surfaces in as little as 15 seconds. When atomized, it is capable of safely killing viruses and bacteria that are suspended in the air. Its use has been increasing in hospital and daycare settings. It’s exceptional safety makes it a perfect addition to our already rigorous disinfection protocol.
We thank our patients for their continued trust in our care, as we continue to make every effort to ensure your family’s dental care remains safe and uninterrupted. To schedule an appointment, or to make changes to an existing appointment, please call 304-754-8803.