WHAT IS GENERAL DENTISTRY?
Teeth are strong, durable structures that endure massive amounts of pressure each day. Its important to protect your teeth and keep them strong through daily brushing and flossing as well as regular dental exams and cleanings from an experienced general dentist.
General dentistry involves the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of a wide range of dental conditions. It also involves the maintenance of overall oral health for patients of all ages. This comprehensive care from a general dentist is usually the only source of care patients require for their dental needs. There are several different dental specialties, but general dentistry encompasses the basics of these specialties.
GENERAL DENTISTRY SERVICES
At Dr. Smith’s clinic, you can expect to experience some of the latest dental technologies for patients. Things like laser procedures mean less pain for you, and less time in the office. Using treatments like lasers make dental visits shorter, less intimidating and more relaxing all around. The services offered at the clinic include:
- Dental Exam & Cleaning
- Dental Implants, or replacing dentures
- Dentures & Partials
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction and Smile Makeovers, including a wide range of options
- Gum Recontouring
- Inlays & Onlays
- Nightguards for Bruxism
- Neuromuscular Dentistry/TMJ Therapy
- Root Canals
- Sleep Apnea & Snoring Therapy
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
In addition to the general dentistry services, we also offer our patients in-office services to make their dental experience comfortable and easy.
- Same-day emergency care – We offer this service to all of our current patients.
- VIP Checkout Process – For regular customers, your preferred credit card can be billed automatically after each appointment, saving you time after your appointment
- Extended Payments – We work with Care Credit in order to offer patients extended payment options for large dental procedures. This allows you to receive the treatments you require, while taking your time to pay, without interest or with low interest.
- Online patient forms – Before you come in, you can save time in the waiting room by filling out any necessary forms online, currently we offer a New Patient form for all of our new patients coming in, in order to print the form and fill out information about your medical and dental history.
WHY CHOOSE DR. SMITH?
Dr. Smith graduated from West Virginia University School of Dentistry in 1982. He has also completed aesthetic and neuromuscular dentistry studies at the Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies, making him a certified neuromuscular specialist. This type of dentistry focuses on the system as a whole rather than just the mouth. The head, jaw, neck, shoulders and mouth are all included in neuromuscular therapy, and it can be especially beneficial to patients suffering from temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ). Dr. Smith’s focus remains on his practice, as well as continuing education. He is always reviewing the latest technologies and trends in dentistry, evidenced by the amount of technology offered at his office.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
If you are interested in learning more about the general dentistry services we offer, please call (304) 754-8803 to schedule a consultation at our office in Hedgesville, WV.