After 2020 and the first few months of this year, we’ve all spent far too much time in Zoom meetings and on Facetime calls. In each, there’s always that little image of yourself there in the corner. This has given us all time to look at our faces — what else were we going to look at during a boring PowerPoint presentation! — and size up things we hadn’t really paid attention to before.
Our smiles didn’t miss review, either. And what many of us have noticed is the preponderance of stained, dingy teeth, teeth with small chips on the corners, missing teeth, gummy smiles, and lots of old silver fillings.
Anyone up for some cosmetic improvements to their smile after all of this high-definition examination?
Sounds like your next call should be of the old-fashioned type, dialing us at Dental Arts of Hedgesville. We perform various cosmetic dentistry procedures at our practice on Mary Street and can help put the sparkle back in your smile.
Here are some cosmetic options you may want to consider:
- Teeth whitening — We offer Opalescence at-home teeth whitening. These hydrogen peroxide-based treatments remove the stains that build up on your teeth from foods and drinks, and natural aging.
- Composite fillings — If possible, Dr. Smith and Dr. Barney prefer to place composite resin fillings instead of the long-used silver amalgam. Composite resin fillings are also known as “tooth-colored fillings” because they are invisible when in your teeth.
- Bonding — We use composite resin to cover small chips or other flaws with your teeth. We paint on the resin in layers, curing it as we progress. And then we shape and buff the tooth-colored final product. No one can see the difference between your composite bonding and your natural tooth enamel.
- Porcelain veneers — These are thin shells of porcelain that are applied to the front surfaces of your visible teeth. Porcelain veneers mask various cosmetic flaws, such as chips, stains, misshapen teeth, and the like, and present a perfect smile to the world.
- Porcelain crowns — Usually a cosmetic remedy for a single tooth (although crowns can also save a heavily damaged tooth from needing extraction), a porcelain crown is placed over the entire visible portion of the tooth down to the gumline.
- Dental implants — Our favorite option for replacing a missing tooth or two, dental implants behave exactly like a natural tooth. This is because the titanium implant (which gives this prosthetic its name) is screwed down into the jawbone in the hole formerly occupied by the natural tooth root, and the jawbone grows around the implant making it a part of the jaw. A post is attached to the implant base and an artificial porcelain tooth is attached to the post.
- Gum contouring — Dr. Smith and Dr. Barney use our diode laser to eliminate issues such as an overly gummy smile. The laser energy removes the unwanted gum tissue and instantly closes the incision at the same time. These treatments have become virtually painless as well.
Want to shape up that smile with the magic of cosmetic dentistry? Call the team at Dental Arts of Hedgesville, (304) 754-8803, to make your appointment.